Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hurray have found something out on the NANCE line.

First of credit and Thank you go to Bill Huckaby for Helping me out in find out about Paul Nance.

I found out His Parents names were Frank and Anna Nants /Nance /Wants they lived in Indiana Brownstown in 1889 where Paul was born.
It seems he had two brothers named Leo and Neal in the 1900 1910 Census.  Neal appears on the 1910 census as a servant in another family.And was apparently found in the California Death Index. He's Mother's last night is a bit of a mystery It might be Southerland But, we're not sure.  Leo later appears in the 1930 Censuses with a wife and children living in Indiana.
Paul was also found in the 1930 census at age 13 as Paul wants in Owen.Jackson County in Indiana.
It is very confusing to me to have so many different spellings of one name.LOL
But, I'll get the hang of this hopefully soon. It interesting at least  when researching. I'm learning quiet a lot about Genealogy.

I still have a few mysteries to solve in the Nance Nants though it is a start. I'm hopeful to find his Mother's Birth and Death along with the definate last name whether it be Southerland or another. My hunch is that it is Southerland. And that it is just a matter of time before I find her. I also know that she was born in Indiana it's now just matter of what part.

No comments:

Post a Comment